Real Estate Law
First-time homebuyer or an experienced investor? Our dedicated team of legal experts will guide you through every step of the process.
We understand the complexities of real estate law, and we’ll work tirelessly to deliver a smooth transaction every time.
How Can We Help You Today?
Real Estate Lien Litigation
Do you need help in real estate litigation?
Real Estate Property Division
Do you need help dividing real estate assets?
Real Estate Disputes
Do you need help resolving a real estate dispute?
Real Estate Sales, Purchases, and Mortgages
Need help purchasing or selling your home?
Real Estate Lawyer’s Fee in Alberta
A real estate lawyer’s fee depends on the property, transaction, and price of the estate you are purchasing or selling.
In Alberta, a real estate lawyer’s fee for purchasing a residential property can start anywhere from $850-$4,995, while the real estate lawyer’s fee for selling a residential property can start from $850-$1,975.
Other real-estate-related transactions like refinancing or transferring can start from $550-$2,800.
All government fees and other expenses are added to the fees to complete the Statement of Account.
Accessible and Affordable Legal Help in Parkland County
We believe legal help should be accessible to anyone and everyone, so we do our best to offer extensive and affordable legal services to everyone and anyone in Stony Plain and the surrounding communities.
Discover how we can help you with your legal matters today.
Get In Touch
Frequently Asked Questions
About Real Estate Law
When should I seek legal advice from a real estate lawyer?
Whether you’re looking to purchase a new home or property, or need help resolving a real estate dispute, you should always speak with a real estate lawyer as soon as possible. A legal expert can help you navigate the complex legal and regulatory requirements of buying or selling a home, so you can be confident in your decision.
What are the documents needed to offer a purchase in Alberta?
Below is the information needed to offer a purchase in Alberta:
- The full names of the seller and buyer
- The legal and municipal title of the property
- The purchase price and inclusions of the sale
- Disclosures regarding the state of the property and warranties
- Timeline requirements of the offer to purchase
- Insurance coverage information
- Guidelines on how to handle a default
- Signature provisions for the seller, buyer, their witnesses, and the real estate agent
- GST and any other taxes
What are the fees that apply when I purchase a property?
Aside from legal fees for your real estate lawyer, here are some other fees that may apply:
- Title and fire insurance fees
- Bank or mortgage appraisal fees
- Building inspection fee
- Real property report fee
- Land Titles Office registration fee
- Tax adjustment, if applicable
- Acquisition fees of a new mortgage
- Interest charges, which are applicable if there is a delay between when you get your mortgage advance and when you need to make payment to the seller
Can a buyer and a seller have the same real estate lawyer?
Yes, a buyer and a seller can have the same real estate lawyer for a transaction as long as it is mutually agreed upon.